Friday 9 March 2012

36 Hour Party People

I’ve just turned the ‘ripe’ (rotten) old age of 38.

In NZ, on my birthday morning, I got a big kiss from Rach and a sloppy one from Leo (or is that the other way round?), then after a bit of breakfast checked my phone and Facebook to read happy birthday wishes from friends in the UK, for whom it was still the 7th.

I then had the whole of my birthday day, complete with steak and stout, and then woke up on the morning of New Zealand’s 9th…..with MORE messages from friends, for whom it was still the 8th in the UK.

So I make that, from midnight on the 8th in New Zealand, to midnight on the 9th in the UK…..36 hours of birthday!  Ker-ching!

There’s ALWAYS something happening, something to pay attention to.  If I wake up in the middle of Sunday night, getting back to sleep is made no easier by the knowledge that I can follow the Saturday afternoon kick off live on the computer.

It’s exhausting!

(BTW the post title refers to this, apologies to Happy Mondays):



No comments: